Rugby for boys and girls – No Experience Necessary.
The Montreal Barbarians Club realizes that the future of rugby rests with our youth. With this in mind we provide fun, exciting and active programs for young rugby players. The training sessions are designed to help children develop better balance, physical skills, endurance, and strength while having lots of fun! Programs are also designed with safety in mind and to better educate kids about the benefits of rugby.
Kids will learn the basic rules of rugby, skills such as kicking, catching, and passing a ball as well as life skills such as respect, teamwork, and sportsmanship. For the older kids tackling will be introduced.
The teams are as follows
- Under 7 (2011, 2012 and 2013) – Fun and games. Developing a love for sport. Introduction to flag rugby
- Under 9 (2009, 2010) – Flag rugby
- Under 11 (2007, 2008) –BOYS AND GIRLS TEAMS – Modified rules, introduction to the tackle
- Under 13 (2005, 2006) – BOYS AND GIRLS TEAMS – Modified rules, tackle
- Under 15 (2003, 2004) – BOYS AND GIRLS TEAMS – full contact
Costs are as follows
U9 – $100.00 – Includes ball and t-shirt
U11 – $150.00 – Includes ball and t-shirt
U13 – $150.00 – Includes ball and t-shirt
U15 – $175.00 – Includes ball and t-shirt
For more information about the Youth Rugby Team contact Jason Thompson at 450-424-0277.